Starting in the fall semester of 2016, renovations will begin in the building as part of adding new spaces to Wendt Commons. These new spaces will include:
- Grainger Design Innovation Center, a makerspace to be added to the 2nd floor
- Data visualization center to be added to the 1st floor in the future
- State-of-the-art instructional space to be added to the 3rd floor
In order to accommodate these new spaces, library collections and services will be relocated with a new service model.
- All library services, collections, and staff will be moved to the 1st floor
- The library will maintain actively used colections, moving most of the print collection to one of the UW-Madison shelving facilities, Special Collections, or to the University Archives. Collections in the shelving facilities will be available upon request via the library catalog.
- There is also an ongoing effort to enhance UW-Madison’s access to and ownership of digital collections.
It is important to note that we are not losing access to any unique materials. Familiar locations, formats and logistics may change, but the UW-Madison Libraries are unwavering in their commitment to get content into the hands of students, teachers, and researchers as quickly and effortlessly as possible.
If you have questions, please email Deborah Helman for more information.