- Wednesday, August 31, 2016
- Wednesday, August 31, 2016Welcome Week Tour: Steenbock Library3:00 pm-4:00 pmTour of Steenbock Library (Agricultural Sciences, Life Sciences, Veterinary Medicine, School of Human Ecology), 550 Babcock Drive
- Thursday, September 1, 2016
- Thursday, September 1, 2016Welcome Week Tour: Steenbock Library3:00 pm-4:00 pm
- Friday, September 2, 2016
- Friday, September 2, 2016Welcome Week Tour: Steenbock Library2:00 pm-3:00 pm
- Tuesday, September 6, 2016
- Tuesday, September 6, 2016Managing Your Citations: An Overview of Citation Managers4:00 pm-5:00 pmThis workshop provides an overview of four citation managers supported by campus libraries (EndNote, EndNote Web, Mendeley, and Zotero) and helps you decide which one is right for you based on your individual research needs. Please register at: http://bit.ly/2bi5ogQ
- Wednesday, September 14, 2016
- Wednesday, September 14, 2016A Crash Course in Citation Management and Zotero12:00 pm-2:00 pmThis workshop will be a 2-hour crash course in Zotero, a popular citation management program, designed to get you up and running quickly. The first half of the workshop will be the basics (getting started, configuring to work with library resources). The second half will build on the basics, and present Zotero’s advanced features, settings, and customizations. Come for the first half only, or stay for the entire thing! Please register at: http://bit.ly/2aUQsAq
- Wednesday, September 14, 2016UW–Madison Libraries: What You Really Need to Know4:00 pm-5:00 pmNew to the UW-Madison community? Transferring from another college or university? This workshop provides an introduction to the many things the UW-Madison Libraries offer: the library catalog, journal databases, conveniences such as book retrieval and your online library account, and ways to get help finding and using campus library resources. There will be time for your questions.
- Tuesday, September 20, 2016
- Tuesday, September 20, 2016Digital Scholarship Workshop Series4:00 pm-5:00 pmJoin Digital Curation Coordinator Brianna Marshall as she discusses tools and technologies for surviving and thriving in academia. Topics covered will include an overview of collaboration, writing, and project management platforms.
- Tuesday, September 20, 2016Current Awareness: Tools to Stay Up to Date in Your Field4:00 pm-5:15 pmLearn about several tools that can help you stay up-to-date in your field of research. Have tables of contents of the most recent journals sent directly to your email. Be alerted to the most recent articles on a topic. Monitor websites, blogs, and other important resources with ease. Keep track of citations and make bibliographies quickly. Please register at: http://bit.ly/2aUQ9Vu
- Tuesday, October 11, 2016
- Tuesday, October 11, 2016Digital Scholarship Workshop Series4:00 pm-5:00 pmJoin Digital Curation Coordinator Brianna Marshall as she gives a gentle introduction to managing and sharing your data. Topics covered will include ideas for organizing and naming your files, file formats and versioning, data description, and archiving and preservation.
- Tuesday, October 18, 2016
- Tuesday, October 18, 2016Managing Your Rights as an Author12:00 pm-1:00 pmHave you given any thought to managing your own copyrights? Would you automatically sign a publishing agreement without reading the fine print? What are the implications of public access to your thesis or dissertation after deposit or of delaying release? This session will address common authors' rights issues encountered by graduate students. Please register at: http://bit.ly/2aOyaVJ
See more events