Wendt Commons Library
May 18, 2018 – August 23, 2018
- 1st Floor study spaces are closed in Wendt Commons
- Collections available by request via the library catalog; highest use collections will begin to move to Steenbock
June 1, 2018
- NEW: Delivery service began to faculty and staff with on-campus mailboxes
August 24, 2018 – December 28, 2018
- Remaining collections moving to storage facilities and will be temporarily unavailable
- Use interlibrary loan (ILL) until campus copies become available
As part of the transformation of the Wendt Commons building, the Libraries have been in the process of transitioning Wendt Library’s collections, services, and staff into the Science & Engineering Libraries’ largest library – Steenbock Library. We expect that the combination of new service delivery options and a streamlined process for moving collections will minimize any disruption to collections, services, and staff during this change. This overall project is part of a collaboration with the College of Engineering and aligns with its evolving vision for new, student-focused spaces throughout Wendt Commons, as well as with the Libraries’ plans for concentrating physical collections and employing new models of service delivery. The more than 40 years of excellent library services provided at Wendt will continue, based now out of Steenbock Library.
Frequently Asked Question
Where can I find library staff?
- Wendt librarians have been in Steenbock Library since Fall of 2017 and will continue to support your research, teaching and learning, along with other colleagues from the UW-Madison Libraries.
- A library consultation space will be maintained on the CoE campus, to provide a convenient location for students, faculty or staff to meet and work with our librarians.
How can I access the collections?
- Actively used collections are being moved to Steenbock, while any remaining inactive collections will join other Wendt collections that have already been moved to one of our shelving facilities. Microforms will be moved to Memorial Library.
- Reserves were moved to Steenbock last year.
Will I be able to access materials to support my classes?
- Instructors are encouraged to provide us with early notification of items they would like on reserve for the fall semester.
- Course reserves will continue to be made available at Steenbock and College Libraries.
What does this mean for study spaces?
- Study space will be updated and expanded on the 1st floor of Wendt (more details to come).
- Study space is expected to be available in the Fall with the remaining space renovated by the Spring semester.
Updates from Wendt LibrarySee More
(updated July 31, 2018) As part of the transformation of the Wendt Commons building, the Libraries are in the process of transitioning Wendt Library’s collections, services, and staff into the […]
The first floor of Wendt Commons (which is home to Wendt Library) is open; however, many library services have been relocated to Steenbock Library. Please refer to the information below […]