Department or Unit Move and University Records

Frequently Asked Questions regarding a department/Unit move or closing.

Our Department is moving and relocating or closing. How should we manage our records?

If your department is moving or has lost grant funding, the following document is available. It is advisable to contact the University Records Officer for a consultation regarding the move or closing of the department as soon as possible.  Check the University Records Retention schedule for time frames to keep records and what to do with them. It is also advisable to schedule a consultation with the University Archivist to determine the historical value of any information before disposing of it.