Using the State Records Center for Offsite Storage of Inactive University Records and Access
NOTE: SHOP@UW (MDS) is no longer selling records center cartons. This document gives instructions for ordering cartons/boxes.
Website for State Records Center Versatile Application.
Using the State Records Center Versatile Application
2017 JOB AID SRC Creating Box in the Versatile System.
Training slides From SRC for using Versatile from the State Records Center:
- For instructions on how to submit new inventory, click here.
- For instructions on how to search and request inventory, click here.
- To submit new inventory or request the retrieval of existing inventory via the Wisconsin State Records Center Inventory website, whether it be boxes, files, tapes, film or other media, click here.
Locating a Records Series in Versatile (aka State Records Center)
To locate and tie inventory to the record series or RDA, log into Versatile with password and login. There are 3 levels: Global, Company and Department
- GLOBAL LEVEL: The UW-System-wide Schedules are at this level. Scroll way down to records series that begin with a UW. The global level houses all of the states record series so be sure to choose a approved record series for UW Madison use.
- COMPANY LEVEL: UW-Madison campus wide schedule.
- DEPARTMENT LEVEL: These are unique records schedules for department use by UDDS number.
Other FORMS from the State Records Center
For more information on Disposition see Records Disposition & Destruction
Records Disposal Process for inventory stored at the SRC
Two times a year the SRC conducts disposal of records per the Records Schedules, which are managed in the Versatile software based on the dates entered. The University Records Officer receives a list from the SRC of records eligible for destruction and sends that list out to the individual departments to see if there is litigation, audit or open records request which would suspend the records destruction. A sign off is obtained to release the boxes. This process happens in June and November.