Records management is a “field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use, and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records”.
Watch an introductory video: Public Records, the Fundamentals.
Proper management of University records ensures:
- Efficient access to University information in all formats and media
- Compliance with legal and financial requirements
- Reduced space constraints
- Preservation of historically valuable records
- Generate fewer records but better records