To borrow stack materials (most books, documents and audiovisuals) take them to the Circulation/Reserves Desk located on the entrance level (2nd floor) or use the Place Request button in the Library Catalog to have materials delivered to another campus library.
Forms of identification
Materials may be borrowed by presenting:
- a valid UW-Madison ID card
- a UW-Madison General Library System card including faculty runners
- a valid UW System ID
- a Steenbock Library card is available to Wisconsin residents who are not affiliated with the UW System. Apply at the Steenbock Circulation Desk on 2nd floor, and show a Wisconsin driver’s license or Wisconsin Dept. of Transportation photo ID.
NOTE: The Steenbock Library card is only good at Steenbock and only for Steenbock materials.
Steenbock Libary has two book drops – outside near the entrance or inside at the Steenbock Circulation/Reserves desk (2nd floor).
Steenbock materials (except reserves and journals) may also be returned to most campus libraries.
DO NOT return the following Steenbock materials to other campus libraries:
- reserve materials
- audiovisual materials (maps, videos, audiocassettes, microfiche, microfilm, etc.)
- items with loan periods of seven days or less