- Tuesday, October 21, 2014
- Tuesday, October 21, 2014Dogs on Call Visit6:30 pm-8:00 pmCome pet one of the adorable dogs from Dogs on Call, an organization devoted to improving human health through the existing bond between people and companion animals. These companion animals are specially-trained to gently-interact with their human counterparts in any number of environments including schools, hospitals, libraries and special-care facilities.
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014Noon TechTalk: Google Drive12:30 pm-1:00 pmGet organized for collaborative writing: join Steenbock librarians for a half-hour power introduction to and hands-on practice session with free cloud service Google Drive--focusing on its web-based office suite, Google Docs.
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014Managing Your Citations with Zotero4:00 pm-5:00 pmZotero is an open source citation manager and academic social networking tool. This workshop covers the basic features of using Zotero such as collecting references and files from online databases, sharing references, and formatting citations and bibliographies. (Graduate Support Series workshop; please register at: http://bit.ly/1oDKzLs)
- Tuesday, October 28, 2014
- Tuesday, October 28, 2014Noon TechTalk: Evernote12:30 pm-1:00 pmNeed to organize your notes and online research? Evernote--a free online note taking & web clipping tool--can help! Learn more in this half-hour power introduction and hands-on practice session.
- Wednesday, November 5, 2014
- Wednesday, November 5, 2014Introduction to Oral History12:00 pm-1:00 pmTroy Reeves, Head of the UW-Madison's Oral History Program, will discuss the key points of the art and science of oral history, such as interviewing, transcribing, and presenting the interviews for public consumption. Plus, he'll talk about the current use (or mis-use) of the term, oral history in popular culture. (Graduate Support Series workshop; please register at: http://bit.ly/1vyxfNh)
- Tuesday, November 11, 2014
- Tuesday, November 11, 2014Researching and Writing Literature Reviews in the Sciences12:00 pmIf you need to write a review that brings together many different research publications, this workshop is for you! Join the Writing Center and Steenbock Library/Wendt Commons as we discuss strategies for focusing your topic, searching for papers and publications, reading critically, developing themes and organizing your material. (Graduate Support Series workshop; please register at: http://bit.ly/1vyyoEs )
See more events