- Wednesday, March 4, 2015
- Wednesday, March 4, 2015Noon TechTalks: Collaborating with GoogleDrive12:00 pm-12:30 pmGet organized for collaborative writing: Join Steenbock librarians for a half-hour power introduction to and hands-on practice session with free cloud service Google Drive -- focusing on its web-based office suite, Google Docs.
- Tuesday, March 10, 2015
- Tuesday, March 10, 2015Researching and Writing Literature Reviews in the Sciences12:00 pm-1:30 pmIf you need to write a review that brings together many different research publications, this workshop is for you! Join the Writing Center and Steenbock Library/Wendt Commons as we discuss strategies for focusing your topic, searching for papers and publications, reading critically, developing themes and organizing your material.(Graduate Support Series workshop; please register at:http://bit.ly/1wQp5tX )
- Wednesday, March 11, 2015
- Wednesday, March 11, 2015Noon TechTalks: Leveraging iCloud12:00 pm-12:30 pmExplore the Apple iCloud ecosystem to learn about creating, organizing, and managing research information and synchronizing data across electronic devices.
- Wednesday, March 18, 2015
- Wednesday, March 18, 2015Managing Your Citations with Zotero4:00 pm-5:00 pmZotero is an open source citation manager and academic social networking tool. This workshop covers the basic features of using Zotero such as collecting references and files from online databases, sharing references, and formatting citations and bibliographies.(Graduate Support Series workshop; please register at:http://bit.ly/1wdNMRO )
- Monday, March 23, 2015
- Monday, March 23, 2015TED Talk Night at the BioCommons8:00 pm-9:00 pmCome to the BioCommons on Steenbock's garden (lower) level for a little inspiration. Watch a couple of TED Talk videos and connect with fellow students interested in the biosciences—TED Talks always make for great conversations! Never seen a TED Talk? Go here to find out more: https://www.ted.com/. This month's TED Talk Night is co-sponsored by the Society for Conservation Biology (http://wisconbio.org/).
- Friday, April 10, 2015
- Friday, April 10, 2015Dogs on Call at Steenbock Library6:30 pmSteenbock staff welcomes Dogs on Call (and their companions) to the library! The dogs will be available for a pat, during this special study break, near the front, main entrance to the library (second floor). These companion animals are specially trained to gently interact with their human counterparts in any number of environments including schools, hospitals, libraries and special-care facilities.
See more events