Patent and trademark services have been relocated from Wendt Library to Steenbock Library, Room 118.
Steenbock Library is a designated Patent and Trademark Resource Center (PTRC). Patent librarians provide patent and trademark information and searching assistance for the general public and the UW-Madison community.
Use the Patents and Trademarks Research Guide to get detailed information on patents and trademarks, searching tips and tutorials, online resources, and help for inventors and researchers.
Or go straight to our Patents and Trademarks Databases to start your search.
Patent and Trademark Consultations
Steenbock offers patent and trademark assistance by phone (608-262-0696), email, or in person:
- help with patent and trademark searching
- consult on the most useful databases and other online resources
- find general information on patents and trademarks, and the application/registration process
- referral to business, legal and entrepreneurial resources
- help with historical research on older items
- patent and trademark statistical information
Librarians are available to assist researchers between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. We recommend you make an appointment if you are new to patent searching or would like in-depth patent assistance.
Other Patent & Trademark Resource Centers in the Region
Wisconsin TechSearch conducts preliminary patent and trademark searches as one of its fee-based services for business and industry.