|Portable Energy Meter||Monitors electricity consumption and cost of plug-in electronics||14 day||4|
*Confirm availability with library staff by calling 608-262-1371.
Thanks to Madison Gas and Electric (MG&E), you can check out a “portable energy meter” (PEM) from Steenbock Library!
- Use a meter to monitor the electricity consumption and cost of plug-in electronics and appliances at home, at work, or for classwork and research projects.
- Meters can be checked out for 2 weeks at a time – use the Place Request button in the Library Catalog to have them sent to the campus library of your choice.
- Steenbock Library circulates the “Watts Up?” Standard model. Also available at Wendt Commons Library.
- Inside the carrying case, you’ll find one meter with 6 ft. cord, an operator’s manual, and a postage-paid card to fill out and send in to MGE with your feedback (optional).
- MGE’s energy meter web page features a video demonstrating the use of these donated tools.