Print and audiovisual reserves
Books and other physical materials are placed in a closed stack area. Materials may be checked out for 2 hours.
Beginning with Fall 2018, e-reserves will now be e-readings and hosted within Canvas. While this will no longer be a library hosted service, library staff are available to assist with creating e-reading pages within Canvas.
How to submit your request
- In order to insure that materials are on reserve by the start of the semester, please note the following, suggested deadlines (as materials are processed in the order in which they are received, we are not able to guarantee that they will be available for the first day of class if received after these dates):
- Fall semester – August 10
- Spring semester – December 20th
- Summer session – May 16th
- Please provide a complete, accurate list of items to be placed on reserve using one of the options below. Include a course syllabus with your request to help clarify any questions that arise.
- Please notify us each semester when materials are needed. Items ARE NOT automatically “on reserve” for a subsequent semester.
More about print/audiovisual reserves
- Reserve staff will retrieve Steenbock stack materials, except Reference or Periodicals, and move them to Reserves Collection.
- Personal copies are accepted with owner’s name, address and phone. Barcode labels will be attached. Steenbock Library is not responsible for theft or damage.
- Items not owned will be ordered whenever possible. Please SUBMIT REQUESTS EARLY!
- To expedite book purchases, tell us when books have been ordered for students at local bookstores.
Removing materials from reserves
- Unless we are notified to retain items for a subsequent semester, they are removed and returned to the stacks or the instructor automatically.
- Please notify reserves staff before coming to retrieve personal materials. Materials will be de-processed and ready to go upon your arrival. Materials may also be returned via campus mail or truck service.