How do you stay current with the research literature in your discipline? If you find this to be a challenging task, librarians have the tools to help.
While many staff enjoy the DIY-approach, our librarians can work with you to customize a topic or table-of-contents strategy using the licensed databases. Contact us for assistance!
Do you want to….
- Browse the current issue of your favorite journals or magazines?
- Get email messages to newly published research on a topic of interest?
- Get notified when your published article is cited by other researchers?
- Get notified of specific, other content including new books or funding opportunities?
Table of Contents (TOCs) Services to your favorite or essential journals
- Publisher Websites: Set up TOC notifications from the publisher page of the journal you want to follow (often provided as a complimentary service).
- Journal TOCs: Customize you list of free scholarly journal TOC notifications through this service provided by Heriot-Watt University.
- BrowZine: Browse, read and monitor scholarly journals in your subject areas on mobile device or desktop/laptop.
- Database Alerts: Current Contents, Web of Science, and more–(via email).
Research Topic and Citation Alerts (your area of research or to an author or article)
- Database Alerts (via email): Set up notifications for newly published articles in your field or for those that have cited your article. Instructions for Scopus Search (topic) Alerts or Citation Alerts. Instructions for Web of Science, Citation Alerts or Topic Alerts (via search history).
- Google Scholar Alerts and Citation Alerts (via email with Google Profile/account): Set up notifications from a topic search, or, if published, to your articles with Google Scholar Citations.
Funding Opportunities, Grants
- Pivot-RP: Set up a username, profile and password to save searches and receive alerts.