Courtesy cards provided at no charge to Beloit College; Madison College/MATC; Edgewood College faculty, staff & students; Herzing University faculty, staff & students; visiting scholars sponsored by their departments; City of Madison/Dane County/State of Wisconsin employees (excludes limited term employees); Wisconsin public school K-12 educators; UW-Madison Faculty, Staff, or student’s Spouse/Domestic partner, etc.
If you have questions, please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact the Circulation Office in Memorial Library at (608) 263-7360, Monday-Friday 8 am-noon or 1-4 pm.
Courtesy card holders use the card issued to borrow UW-Madison materials and have the following library privileges:
- On-site library access
- Borrow UW-Madison materials – see loan periods at right
- Place Requests to have physical copies delivered to the campus library of your choice
- Renew materials
- Access to databases, full-text, and other digital resources ON campus
- On-campus guest wireless access
- Fee-based services
The following services are NOT available:
- Borrow UW System materials
- UBorrow and Interlibrary Loan
- Access to UW-Madison licensed online resources from off campus
- Distance services
Obtaining a card
- Applications for new and renewal cards must be made online at: go.wisc.edu/borrowcard. Please select your affiliation category found at bottom of the online form. Once the form is submitted you will receive an email when your borrowing card is ready for pick up and what you will need to bring with you for required documentation to pick up your card.*Note: Madison College/MATC, Beloit College, Edgewood College, and Herzing University students need to have a letter from their campus librarian to obtain the courtesy card.
- Faculty sponsored by a UW-Madison department must provide a letter of sponsorship from the UW-Madison department. The letter must be written on department stationery, state that the department takes responsibility for all overdue/lost book charges, include dates of authorization, and be signed by the chair.
- All overdue charges and lost book fines must be paid before the card will be issued or renewed.
- All General Library System cards are valid through June 30th of the current fiscal year. Card renewals begin on June 1st each year.
- Please keep in mind that once your new borrowing card is activated, your previous borrowing card will no longer be valid. Thus, it is imperative once you receive notice your library card is ready that you come and pick it up as soon as possible.