Includes Beloit College, MATC and Edgewood faculty, staff & students, some visiting scholars, city/county/state employees, Wisconsin public school K-12 educators, spouse/domestic partner/child of UW-Madison faculty, staff or student, etc.
If you have questions or would like more information, contact the Circulation Office in Memorial Library.
Courtesy card holders use the card issued to borrow UW-Madison materials and have the following library privileges:
- On-site library access
- Borrow UW-Madison materials – see loan periods at right
- Place Requests to have physical copies delivered to the campus library of your choice
- Renew materials
- Access to databases, full-text, and other digital resources ON campus
- On-campus guest wireless access
- Fee-based services
The following services are NOT available:
- Borrow UW System materials
- UBorrow and Interlibrary Loan
- Access to UW-Madison licensed online resources from off campus
- Distance services
Obtaining a card
- Applications may be made at the Card Application Window located in the lobby of Memorial Library.
- Proof of affiliation from the home institution and photo ID (with current address information) are required.
Madison College Students/MATC, Beloit College students, Edgewood College students, and Herzing College students all need to have a letter from their campus librarian to obtain the courtesy card.
- Faculty sponsored by a UW-Madison department must also provide a letter of sponsorship from the UW-Madison department. The letter must be written on department stationery, state that the department takes responsibility for all overdue/lost book charges, include dates of authorization, and be signed by the chair.
- All overdue charges and lost book fines must be paid before the card will be issued or renewed.
- All General Library System cards are valid through June 30th of the current fiscal year. Card renewals begin on June 1st each year.