Annual Fee Card Holders
Includes Wisconsin residents (not covered elsewhere)
If you have questions, please contact the Circulation Office in Memorial Library via email.
Annual fee card holders use the card issued to borrow UW-Madison materials and have the following library privileges:
- On-site library access
- Borrow UW-Madison materials – see loan periods at right
- Place Requests to have available physical copies delivered to the campus library of your choice
- Renew materials
Access to databases, full-text, and other digital resources ON campus
- On-campus guest wireless access
- Fee-based services
The following services are NOT available:
- Borrow UW System materials
- UBorrow and Interlibrary Loan
- Access to UW-Madison licensed online resources from off campus
- Distance services
Obtaining a card
- Applications for new and renewal cards must be made online at go.wisc.edu/borrowcard.
- The annual fee is $40 ($20 for those 62 or older). Cash is accepted Monday-Friday, 8 am-noon and 1-4 pm. Credit cards (MC and Visa only) are accepted anytime the library is open. The fee will be applied to your library card account once you have completed the online application. Once you receive an email notice that the borrowing card is ready for pick up, you can come into the library to pay the annual fee.
- You will need to present a current Wisconsin State issued ID (driver’s license or State ID). The address on your ID does not have to match where you reside.
- All overdue charges and lost book fines must be paid before the card will be issued or renewed.
- All General Library System cards will be valid one year from the date they are processed. Cards can be renewed 45 days prior to their ending date.
- Please keep in mind that once your new borrowing card is activated, your previous borrowing card will no longer be valid. Thus, it is imperative once you receive notice your library card is ready that you come and pick it up as soon as possible.