For Those Not Affiliated with UW-Madison

Academic, Public, and Special Libraries

We provide book loans and photocopying services to libraries. Academic, public or special libraries may send ILL Lending requests,  either OCLC requests (symbol “GZM”) or web form requests (if OCLC is not an option for your institution). If your institution needs a web form login, please contact Joy Pohlman at  More information about our Interlibrary Loan Lending services.

Fee-based Services

The UW-Madison Libraries also offer access to our collections for a fee.  These services are available to both individuals and businesses, especially those without other library affiliations.

Visitors to Campus

UW-Madison campus library visitors may borrow library materials subject to their current residence and affiliation.

Wisconsin Residents | Non-Residents

Place your book/article requests for UW-Madison materials through your local campus library, corporate library or public library. Or, contact one of the UW-Madison fee-based document delivery services listed above.