UW-Madison and UW System book loans have been extended to October 15 for undergraduates and December 30 for graduate students and staff. Some Interlibrary Loan items and equipment may be due sooner. Check your library account for details.
To keep an item you have checked out longer, you are often able to ‘renew’ it.
UW-Madison faculty / staff / students (with NetIDs)
- For UW-Madison items, login to your Library Catalog account and select the item(s) to be renewed, then click Renew.
Renewal limits: Undergraduates can checkout most items for a maximum of 84 days. Graduate students, faculty, and staff can checkout most items for a maximum of 24 months.
Other UW-Madison card holders (without NetIDs)
More about renewals
- Be sure to check the status message to see if the item(s) has been renewed. If the item status does not read ‘renewed’, one of the following occurred:
- You have reached the renewal limit
- The item you want to renew is not eligible for renewal
- You are trying to renew the item too early (this applies to semester loans)
- Items that cannot be renewed include:
- Items that have reached renewal limit
- Items that have been recalled by another user
- Reserve materials
- If you have questions or would like more information, contact the UW-Madison Libraries Circulation Office in Memorial Library at (608) 263-7360, Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-4:00 PM.
When may I renew materials?
- UW-Madison faculty, staff and graduate students with semester loans may request renewals about four weeks prior to the due date.
- Undergraduates and other patrons with 28-day loans may renew at any time, however, waiting until the due date to renew results in the maximum extended loan period.