New Faces at the Libraries: Jordan Craig
Jordan Craig joined the UW-Madison Libraries in June as the Digital Asset Coordinator for the Mellon Grant-funded Coordinating Cultural Heritage Collections at UW-Madison project.
A familiar face around the Libraries already, Jordan has held various roles since 2014 when she first worked as a Circulation Assistant at Ebling Library as a Freshman. Before embarking on her journey at UW-Madison, Jordan was a page at the Verona Public Library in high school, so libraries are a familiar place!
Jordan says it’s been a bit strange going from being surrounded by LIS professionals at UWDCC and the UW Archives to being the lone archivist at the Chazen, but she’s enjoying the challenge that brings and is excited for the opportunity to be more of a generalist within the archives profession.
Outside of work, Jordan enjoys visiting the dog park and trying new food. She likes exploring the Dane County Farmers’ Market, Taste of Madison, and the numerous food trucks!
Five Fun Facts about Jordan:
- Something interesting: I’m an Irish dancer (and I’m pretty good at it)
- Favorite series: The Attack on Titan manga series. It was oddly therapeutic during the pandemic
- Can’t wait for: The moment I feel comfortable going to live shows again. I really want to go back to the Orpheum, Overture Center, and more around Madison
- Favorite color: Blue. No, yellow!
- Volunteer organization: UW Hospital & Clinics (pre-pandemic)