The 2015 Outstanding Women of Color Selection Committee is pleased to announce the seven Outstanding Women of Color for 2015-16:
- Earlise Ward, Associate Professor, School of Nursing; Faculty, Health Equity Leadership Institute (HELI), Institute for Clinical and Translational Research, School of Medicine & Public Health;
- Heather Johnson, M.D., M.S., Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, School of Medicine & Public Health;
- Esmeralda Rodriguez, Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Curriculum & Instruction, School of Education;
- Emilie Songolo, Senior Academic Librarian at Memorial Library;
- Lori Kido Lopez, Assistant Professor of Media & Cultural Studies, Department of Communication Arts, College of Letters & Science;
- M. Adams, Co-Executive Director of Freedom, Inc. ; and
- Joselyn Diaz-Valdes, Senior Advisor, Office of Student Financial Aid
A campus-wide reception to honor the Outstanding Women of Color will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 7, from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Alumni Lounge of the Pyle Center. Starting at approximately 5:30 p.m., the awards program will be led by one of the recipients of last year’s UW-Madison and UW System Outstanding Woman of Color awards.
The Selection Committee also has nominated Professor Ward and Professor Johnson for the UW System 20th Annual Awards to Outstanding Women of Color in Education. The UW System awards reception will be held on Friday, Oct. 9, on the UW-Madison campus and will correspond with the Board of Regents meeting.