Information about physical items located in Mills Music Library may be found by consulting Course Reading Lists. This information will also be available in Canvas, if your instructor is using Canvas for your course. Streaming media, either audio or video, and any assigned reading that is a PDF or a link to online full text databases will be made available in Canvas, or by your instructor providing you with links via other means.
Physical materials (books, scores, CDs, DVDs, etc.) on reserve at Mills Music Library should be requested at The Desk. Ask for the item by call number. Materials will be checked out to you for a 2-hour loan period, and must be used in the library.
For Faculty / Instructors
As of August 13, 2018, UW-Madison Libraries has retired Library Course Pages (LCP) and transitioned to a reserves interface called Course Reading Lists, which is easily integrated with Canvas. More information about this may be found here.
- Contact Tom Caw to place physical items on reserve, and he will create a Course Reading List
- E-reserves will now be e-readings and hosted within Canvas. While this will no longer be a library hosted service, library staff are available to assist with creating e-reading pages within Canvas.
- Streaming media, either audio or video, will be delivered via links generated by L&S Learning Support Services. For L&S course only. Please contact Tom Caw for assistance with this process
- For instructions on adding a Library Course Reading List to your Canvas course, please see this KnowledgeBase article
- Copyright & Fair Use issues
To contact Music Library staff with questions about reserves, call (608) 263-1884 or email us. The Library Technology Group Help Desk, (608) 262-8880, provides help accessing library resources including course reserves.