Mills Music Library expands Library by Appointment for Fall 2020
Mills Music Library has expanded the days and times available for Library by Appointment! Appointments are now available Monday – Friday 1:00 – 5:00pm. 6 appointments per day. Go here to make an appointment.
Make an appointment to browse our print collections, or to use materials from the Wisconsin Music Archives or any of our Special Collections. You may check out circulating audiovisual materials from Mills; all circulating print materials are checked out at the Memorial Library Circulation Desk. Circulating materials from Mills remain available to request for Pickup by Appointment. Access to Mills Music Library via Library by Appointment is limited to UW-Madison faculty, staff, and students.
Before your visit
- For the safety of library staff and researchers, only 6 patrons will be allowed in the library per day.
- To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, face masks or face coverings are required to enter. In addition, we request that you practice physical distancing of six feet apart.
- Appointments must be made 24 hours in advance. If you’d like to view materials from the Wisconsin Music Archives, or any of our Special Collections, please contact us in advance.
- Appointments are available Monday – Friday 1:00 – 5:00 pm. Please arrive promptly for your scheduled appointment time. Mills Music Library closes for this service at 5:00 pm.
- Do not travel to the library if you have not received a confirmation email from us. If you are not feeling well, please respect everyone’s safety and email our staff to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
The library will have limited staff available onsite, so not all building services are supported. Please visit the COVID-19 Library Restart Dashboard for the most up-to-date information.
During your appointment, supported services include:
- Check-out of materials
- View materials in reading room
- Onsite research assistance
- Paging of materials
- Limited self-service scanning (including use of mobile devices)
At this time, we are NOT able to support:
- Printing services
- Copy machines
- Computing support
- Microfilm access
- Duplication services by staff
How to schedule an appointment for visiting Mills Music Library
Go here to make an appointment.
You will receive an email message confirming your appointment that includes library specific information and instructions. Please plan on bringing your own laptop or tablet to avoid use of public computers.
Please don’t come to the library without an appointment. We must ensure we are meeting physical distancing guidelines, and are working carefully to ensure scheduled times allow for minimal contact for all involved.
If you have questions during this process or can’t make your appointment contact Mills Music Library.
The day of your visit
Please follow these directions:
- Bring your Wiscard so that you may enter the building and check out materials.
- Use the front entrance of Memorial Library, located at 728 State Street, across from The University Book Store.
- Enter the library and check in at the Welcome Desk. Staff will confirm that you have an appointment and direct you into the library.
- Proceed to Mills Music Library, located on the lower level. A staff member will meet you at the front entrance of Mills Music Library.
- Parking near Memorial Library is available on Langdon Street, in the State Street Campus Garage (415 N. Lake St.) and at College Library (600 N. Park St.).