Pickup by Appointment: Mills Music Library items now available!
Mills Music Library circulating items are now available to request as part of The University of Wisconsin-Madison Libraries Pickup by Appointment service, which began on June 15 as part of a gradual, phased reopening of our campus. Phase 1 includes a controlled restart of some campus research activities where it is possible to minimize the risk of transmission of COVID-19. The Libraries will continue to work closely with the campus to develop operational plans for a gradual reopening.
Interested in Pickup by Appointment? Here’s what you need to know:
Items available for pickup
- Items shelved at Art, Law, Memorial, Music, and Wisconsin Historical Society can be scheduled for pickup.
- Not all items at these locations are eligible for this service.
- Additional locations may be added later in the summer.
Locations for pickup
- Memorial Library, 12-4 pm, Monday-Friday.
How to setup items for pickup by appointment
- Search and find items in the catalog that are supported by Pickup by Appointment. Items that are available for Pickup by Appointment will indicate this on the right side of the catalog.
- Following the instructions in the catalog, submit a request for the item to be put on hold for you.
- When this request is received, library staff will need time to locate the item and get it ready for you. This could take a few business days.
- You can submit hold requests for multiple items that you want to pick up–up to 50 items for UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff; up to 5 items for community members.
- Once the items are ready for you, you will receive an email indicating that you can schedule a pickup appointment.
- Using the link in the email, make an appointment to pick up your items.
- After you make the appointment, you will receive an email confirming your appointment and providing instructions on how to pick up your items.
To learn more, and to see answers to frequently asked questions, visit the Pickup by Appointment page. If you have questions during this process, you can contact the Circulation Office, Ask a Librarian, or email us at Mills Music Library.
To our campus community: We are all looking forward to being together on campus again and returning to regular services. Until that time comes, the Libraries will continue to find solutions to support your research, teaching, and learning needs.