Libraries Launch “Pickup by Appointment” Service, increasing access to some requested physical materials
Update: July 12 – Pickup by Appointment Service expanded to include items from College Library in addition to Memorial Library, Mills Music Library, Kohler Art Library, the Law Library, and Wisconsin Historical Society. Not all materials are eligible. The location for pickup of all materials remains at Memorial Library.
The Pickup by Appointment option for some materials begins on June 15, items to be picked up at Memorial Library. This is part of our gradual, phased reopening in coordination with campus. Phase 1 includes a controlled restart of some campus research activities where it is possible to minimize the risk of transmission of COVID-19. The Libraries will continue to work closely with the campus to develop operational plans for a gradual reopening.
The Pickup by Appointment service offers the opportunity to begin accessing some of our physical collections through a low-contact, health-conscious method. This gradual and coordinated path to reopening is necessary to ensure that our collective action is in the best interest of us all.
Interested in Pickup by Appointment? Here’s what you need to know:
- June 10: Preparation for Pickup by Appointment Service begins
- Requests and appointment system for pickup launches.
- Patrons can start placing requests online on June 10.
- Staff will NOT begin filling requests until June 15.
- Currently, ONLY materials in Memorial Library, Mills Music Library, Kohler Art Library, the Law Library and the Wisconsin Historical Society are available to request; not all materials are eligible for this service.
- June 15: The Libraries begin Pickup by Appointment service, limited location, and hours.
- Memorial Library, 1-5pm, Monday-Friday, or as staffing allows.
- Only users with a valid library card will be able to request materials for pickup.
- Materials will be pre-bagged before the patron’s arrival for pickup.
- Circulating laptops service continues at Memorial.
- Onsite signage will be available to help navigate the process.
- Laptop pickup is still available, no appointment necessary.
June 25: The Libraries expand Pickup by Appointment service to include some materials from:
- Memorial Library
- Mills Music Library
- Kohler Art Library
- Law Library
- Wisconsin Historical Society
July 13: The Libraries further expand Pickup by Appointment service to include some materials from:
- College Library
- Other locations will open later in stages based on health and safety considerations, as well as staffing.
To learn more, visit our website for Pickup by Appointment.
To our campus community: We are all looking forward to being together on campus again and returning to regular services. Until that time comes, the Libraries will continue to find solutions to support your research, teaching, and learning needs.