Libraries Launch “Pickup by Appointment” Service, increasing access to some requested physical materials
Update: August 3, 2020 – Pickup by Appointment Service has again expanded locations from which to request materials. Not all materials are eligible. The location for pickup of all materials remains at Memorial Library.
The Pickup by Appointment option for some materials began on June 15, as part of our gradual reopening in coordination with campus.The Libraries will continue to work closely with the campus to develop operational plans for a gradual reopening.
The Pickup by Appointment service offers the opportunity to begin accessing some of our physical collections through a low-contact, health-conscious method. This gradual and coordinated path to reopening is necessary to ensure that our collective action is in the best interest of us all.
Interested in Pickup by Appointment? Here’s what you need to know:
The Libraries begin Pickup by Appointment service, limited location, and hours.
- Memorial Library, 1-5pm, Monday-Friday, or as staffing allows.
- Only users with a valid library card will be able to request materials for pickup.
- Materials will be pre-bagged before the patron’s arrival for pickup.
- Circulating laptops service continues at Memorial.
- Onsite signage will be available to help navigate the process.
- Laptop pickup is still available, no appointment necessary, M-F, 9-Noon and 1-5pm (Now available at the Memorial Library Computer Lab)
- The Libraries expand Pickup by Appointment service to include some materials from:
- Memorial Library
- Mills Music Library
- Kohler Art Library
- Law Library
- College Library
- Steenbock Library (Including Science Library Shelving Facility)
- Social Work Library
- Business Library
- AMP (Astronomy, Mathematics, Physics)
- Middleton Shelving Facility (MSF)
- Verona Shelving Facility (VSF)
- Wisconsin Historical Society
- Other locations will open later based on health and safety considerations, as well as staffing.
To learn more, visit our website for Pickup by Appointment.
To our campus community: We are all looking forward to being together on campus again and returning to regular services. Until that time comes, the Libraries will continue to find solutions to support your research, teaching, and learning needs.