Food is allowed in all parts of the library except the basement and ninth floors as there are Special Collections housed on those floors. Covered beverages are also allowed in most parts of the library. You may still eat at the First Floor West Corridor. Memorial Library does not allow for deliveries of any kind, including food. Any food deliveries must be conducted outside of the library.
Feel free to use your cell phone as needed in the library. In general, most spaces in Memorial Library are fairly quiet, so please be respectful of those around you.
- Please cooperate with staff should they ask you to leave an area due to inappropriate cell phone use. Our objective in asking you to move is simply to maintain an atmosphere that is conducive to research and study with respect to the space being used.
Most areas of the library are fairy quiet. In general, please lower your voice.
- Individual Study Areas: These areas are for people who want to study undisturbed. They include:
- Book stacks and carrels
- Study Halls and most Reading Rooms (Rooms 116, 124, 212, 216, 412, 424)
- Fifth floor faculty studies
- Group Study Rooms: These areas are designated for people who want to study together. As these areas are near quiet areas, please be respectful in regard to your volume level. These rooms are located in the South Stacks on Floors 1M, 2M, 4, 4M, 5, and 7. You may reserve a group study room online. There is a four-hour limit and two-person minimum on use of these rooms.
- Collaborative Spaces: These areas are for people who wish to collaborate and work together and are not necessarily in study rooms that may be reserved.
Memorial Library does not permit the use of skates and skateboards. Please remove skates before entering the building. For the safety of library patrons, skateboards and skates can not be used on the stairs to the west of the building.