2252A & 2252B College Library
The Media Studios at College Library support semester long courses
that integrate collaborative digital projects into the curriculum.
Class size: 20-24 students in each space, or up to 48 in both spaces combined.
For more information, contact Rosemary Bodolay, Associate Director of DesignLab.
Reserve the Media Studio for your class or group
If you are interested in reserving a Media Studio for a single meeting of a class, or a semester-long course, contact Rosemary through this form.
If you are interested in reserving a Media Studio for a one-time event, a workshop, or a study group, fill out this form, indicating in the notes field that you are interested in a Media Studio.
Each room includes:
- 6 moveable large tables
(suitable for seminar and group work; can be arranged in a variety of configurations)
- 6 smaller tables with workstations
- 2 projectors, with AirMedia devices, allowing for any Mac or Windows laptop in the room to connect wirelessly to either projector
- 24 moveable chairs
- 24′ of white board across one wall
(magnetic, so they can function as bulletin boards; magnets provided)
- Small mobile white boards available
- Room 2252A – current weekly schedule
- Room 2252B – current weekly schedule
- Media Studio A & B regular semester schedule (does not include one-time changes or additions)
See the story “Humanities Scholarship in the Digital Age” and “Trends in Learning: The Digital Humanities” pages 5-6 in the Friends of the Libraries Magazine.
Funded by the Madison Initiative for Undergraduates, the Media Studios are a joint project of the Digital Studies certificate program, the Libraries, DoIT, DesignLab, and the Digital Humanities Initiative.