College Library provides UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff access to a wide-format poster printer. Orders can be placed at the College Library Second Floor Service Desk any time the library is open.
We encourage you to view your poster on one of our computers prior to submitting it for printing to ensure that all formatting has been maintained.
Price: $4.00 sq/ft (with a minimum price of $4).
- File Format: TIFF only.
- You may use our computer lab to convert your file if needed.
- There are computers near the help desk reserved for reviewing your poster.
- File-naming convention:
- Satin or glossy paper available.
- The maximum length of one edge is 43″. The other edge can be up to 100 feet.
- Typical turn around time is 3 hours, but can sometimes be up to two days during especially busy times throughout the semester. We recommend you plan accordingly, and print sooner than necessary rather than later.
- You can bring the file on a flash drive, or log on to one of our computers and place it in our public storage drive.
- You must be physically present and approve the poster before we can print it. Orders by phone or email will not be accepted.
We accept Wiscard (with Campus Cash or a print account) or Credit Card (Visa and Mastercard).
As of September 2018, we only accept funding strings or Departmental WisCard for department poster printing.
If a department would like to fund a large number of posters for one-time engagements, as for a class project, they may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For more information, see our poster printing handout or call us at 263-9889.