The CMC provides UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff access to a wide-format poster printer. Orders can be placed at the College Library Infolab (CMC) HelpDesk any time the library is open.
We encourage you to view your poster on one of our computers prior to submitting it for printing to ensure that all formatting has been maintained.
- Price: $4.00 sq/ft (with a minimum price of $4).
- File Format: TIFF only. You may use our lab resources to convert your file if needed.
- You can bring the file on a flash drive, or log on to one of our computers and place it in our public storage drive
- Accepted Payments
- Credit Card (Visa and Mastercard). Card must be presented at time of payment. We do not accept funding strings. Sales tax will be applied.
- Wiscard (Campus Cash or Print account)
- You must be physically present and approve the poster before we can print it. Orders by phone or email will not be accepted.
- The maximum length of one edge is 43″. The other edge can be up to 100 feet.
- Satin or glossy paper available.
- Typical turn around time is 3 hours, but can sometimes be up to two days during especially busy times throughout the semester. We recommend you plan accordingly, and print sooner than necessary rather than later.
- Please name your file using the following convention:
- There are computers near the help desk reserved for reviewing your poster – please use these to your advantage in order to avoid mistakes.
For more information, see our poster printing handout or call us at 263-9889.