Libraries Operations for Spring 2021: What You Need to Know
Welcome to the Spring 2021 semester! As we begin, you’ll want to review updated information on Libraries’ operations and what you can expect this semester (January 25-April 30). Procedures for finals will be announced at a later date.
The Libraries will again operate using the Libraries by Appointment system. You can visit the Library Locations page and Library COVID-19 Dashboard for information on our hours, operations, and services. (View the Libraries Operations Spring 2021 Handout)
While onsite services are available, you are still encouraged to take full advantage of our virtual and online services, including:
- Ask a Librarian
- Support services for instructional continuity
- Remote library services and resources
- Interlibrary Loan
Here’s what you need to know about Spring 2021
Things to know about your visit
- Libraries will maintain the “by appointment” system
- A green Badger Badge must be presented (starting Feb. 10)
- For entry, users must have a Wiscard
- Face coverings are required inside our facilities
- No group study
- No food or drinks
- In order to allow community borrowers to continue to request materials, Pickup by Appointment will not involve the display of the Badger Badge.
College Library as Testing Site
- Beginning January 19, College Library’s room 1250 will be open as a testing site.
- Access for general library appointment use will not begin until January 25.
- Testing site traffic flow is isolated from library operations.
Ask A Librarian
- Ask a Librarian: Mon-Thurs 9am-10pm, Fri 9am-5pm, Sat 1-5pm, Sun 1-10pm
Library Operations for College, Memorial, and Steenbock
- College: 9am-10pm (M-R), 9am-5pm (F), 1-5pm (Sat-Sun)
- Memorial: 9am-noon, 1-5pm, 6-10pm (M-R), 9am-noon, 1-5pm (F), 1-5pm (Sat-Sun)
- Steenbock: 9am-noon, 1-5pm, 6-10pm (M-R), 9am-noon, 1-5pm (F), 1-5pm (Sat-Sun)
- Check library.wisc.edu for more information on Pickup by Appointment, in-person collection access, laptop and equipment checkout, course reserves, printing and scanning, computer lab, and one-person rooms, and study spaces.
Other In-person Collections Access:
- AMP: By Request
- Art: 1-4pm (M-F)
- Business: 9am-noon, 1-5:30pm (M-R), 9am-noon, 1-5pm (F)
- Gender & Women’s Studies: 9am – 4pm (W)
- Geology: By Request
- Music: 1-5pm (M-F)
- Social Work: By Request
- Special Collections: 1-4pm (M-F)
- UW Archives: 1-4pm (M-F)
- Ebling (Health Sciences Faculty and Students ONLY): 9am-5pm (M-F) / Closed (Sat-Sun)
- Law (Law Faculty and Students Only): 7:30am-8pm (M-R) / 7:30am-6pm (Fri), 1-5pm (Sat)
- MERIT: Closed
WHS Archives and WHS Library:
- Open starting Feb. 9th by appointment only
- Library T-R, 9am-noon
- Archives T-R, 1-4pm.
- Check website for additional updates
Additional Equipment Checkout information (as of February 14, 2021)
Additional equipment types available for walk-up at College
- At the start of the semester, we reinstated checking out cameras, projectors, iPads, and audio recorders for walk-up patrons at the College Library Computer Lab. This equipment is available first-come, first-served. Information on the availability of this equipment is available here:
Reserve equipment circulation restarts at College
- Starting this week, we have reinstated taking reservations for certain equipment at the College Library Computer Lab. Equipment includes iPads, still cameras, video cameras, and projectors. More information is available here:
New reserve equipment available at Memorial
- Also starting this week, we are now taking reservations for checking out Video Recording Kits and Webcam Kits from the Memorial Library Computer Lab. (LWS pages coming for this soon.) This equipment is intended for instructors and students who need to record video for a class.
All equipment is checked out with a 2-week loan, and is quarantined for 7-days when returned.
No Library by Appointment reservation is necessary to pick up this equipment, but patrons do need a valid Wiscard, a face mask, and a green Badger Badge.