Libraries Operations for Spring 2021: What You Need to Know
Welcome to the Spring 2021 semester! As we begin, you’ll want to review updated information on Libraries’ operations and what you can expect this semester (January 25-April 30). Procedures for finals will be announced at a later date.
The Libraries will again operate using the Libraries by Appointment system. You can visit the Library Locations page and Library COVID-19 Dashboard for information on our hours, operations, and services. (View the Libraries Operations Spring 2021 Handout)
While onsite services are available, you are still encouraged to take full advantage of our virtual and online services, including:
- Ask a Librarian
- Support services for instructional continuity
- Remote library services and resources
- Interlibrary Loan
Here’s what you need to know about Spring 2021
Things to know about your visit
- Libraries will maintain the “by appointment” system
- A green Badger Badge must be presented
- For entry, users must have a Wiscard
- Face coverings are required inside our facilities
- No group study
- No food or drinks
- In order to allow community borrowers to continue to request materials, Pickup by Appointment will not involve the display of the Badger Badge.
College Library as Testing Site
- Beginning January 19, College Library’s room 1250 will be open as a testing site.
- Access for general library appointment use will not begin until January 25.
- Testing site traffic flow is isolated from library operations.
Ask A Librarian
- Ask a Librarian: Mon-Thurs 9am-10pm, Fri 9am-5pm, Sat 1-5pm, Sun 1-10pm
Library Operations for College, Memorial, and Steenbock
- College: 9am-10pm (M-R), 9am-5pm (F), 1-5pm (Sat-Sun)
- Memorial: 9am-noon, 1-5pm, 6-10pm (M-R), 9am-noon, 1-5pm (F), 1-5pm (Sat-Sun)
- Steenbock: 9am-noon, 1-5pm, 6-10pm (M-R), 9am-noon, 1-5pm (F), 1-5pm (Sat-Sun)
- Check library.wisc.edu for more information on Pickup by Appointment, in-person collection access, laptop and equipment checkout, course reserves, printing and scanning, computer lab, and one-person rooms, and study spaces.
Other In-person Collections Access:
- AMP: By Request
- Art: 1-4pm (M-F)
- Business: 9am-noon, 1-5:30pm (M-R), 9am-noon, 1-5pm (F)
- Gender & Women’s Studies: 9am – 4pm (W)
- Geology: By Request
- Music: 1-5pm (M-F)
- Social Work: By Request
- Special Collections: 1-4pm (M-F)
- UW Archives: 1-4pm (M-F)
- Ebling (Health Sciences Faculty and Students ONLY): 9am-5pm (M-F) / Closed (Sat-Sun)
- Law (Law Faculty and Students Only): 7:30am-8pm (M-R) / 7:30am-6pm (Fri), 1-5pm (Sat)
- MERIT: Closed
- WHS Archives and WHS Library: Check website for updates