UW-Madison Libraries: Providing Support During COVID-19
As the impact of COVID-19 quickly forced the world to change everyday life, one after another, universities made the unprecedented decision to transition the remainder of the spring semesters online – with just a matter of days to adjust. Change can be difficult under the best of circumstances. Change during stressful times, especially at a rapid pace, requires significant strength and collaboration to navigate.
As UW-Madison leadership made the difficult decision to transition to a remote environment, campus partners quickly pulled together to achieve a heavy lift: supporting faculty and students with a spectrum of service and resource needs to allow them to complete the spring semester successfully.
The UW-Madison Libraries were in the thick of finding help to find and create solutions to make this task happen:
- Stronger Together: The Libraries are Here to Help
- FAQ: Answers to Library-Related Questions
- Laptop and Equipment: Libraries Join DoIT to provide technology for students, staff, faculty
- Supporting at a Distance: Resources for Remote Learning
- ILL, Scanning, and Digitizing Materials: Libraries Help Meet an Increased Need
- DesignLab: Providing Consultations and Instruction From Afar
- Mills Music Library: Providing Access to Music
- Returns: How To Get Materials Back to the Libraries
- Ask A Librarian: Libraries Extend Hours to To Meet Additional Need During Remote Learning
- HathiTrust: Emergency Temporary Access Service Provided During Libraries Physical Space Closures
- Archiving History: Archives Launches Project to Document Impact of COVID-19 on Campus
- Journaling: Archives Explains Why it’s Important to Document Your Personal Experience
- A Message from the Vice Provost for Libraries: A Response to COVID-19
- A Message from the Vice Provost: Moving Forward Together
- A Message from the Staff at the UW-Madison Libraries
*If you would like to suggest a story to develop that could also be added to this page, please contact Natasha Veeser at email@example.com.