New Library Faces! Getting to know Leslie Christensen
Ebling Library has gained a new member! Join us in welcoming the new Health Sciences Librarian, Leslie Christensen. She brings great experience to the Libraries team and we can’t wait to see all the wonderful work she will be doing. Below are a few questions we asked to help get to know our new Ebling Librarian.
How long have you been working in libraries and how did this journey begin?
I’ve been working in libraries a little over 23 years. In 1996, I began my professional librarian career at Promega Corporation, a biotech company located in Fitchburg, Wisconsin. A couple of years later, I accepted the Medical Library Manager position at St. Mary’s Hospital – Madison. I managed both the professional and consumer libraries at the hospital until March 2019.
What do you enjoy most about your position?
I’m really enjoying getting to know the other library staff members and learning more about Ebling’s services to both the academic and clinical communities. Having previously worked at a hospital, I’m enjoying being on campus and interacting with such a diverse group of students and faculty every day.
10 Quick Facts
- Most recently worked: St. Mary’s Hospital – Madison
- Previous organizations include: Promega Corporation
- Fun fact about yourself: I grew up in the same neighborhood as Mark Johnson (head coach of the UW Women’s hockey team) and skated on the same neighborhood ice rink with Mark and his brother Pete.
- Favorite book: “My Mother’s House and Sido” by Colette
- Tell me what a perfect day in Madison outside of the library looks like for you. Exploring a Wisconsin State Park on a beautiful Fall day with my husband.
- Looking forward to exploring…more campus libraries. I’ve only made it to Steenbock so far and I would love to see more of the other libraries on campus.
- Standout Wisconsin/UW-Madison fact I’ve learned since moving to Madison: I’m a life-long Madisonian, but I’m always amazed by the fact Warfarin was discovered at UW-Madison. That’s always a fun fact to tell campus visitors as they pass the WARF building.
- Was interested to learn: that robots can deliver meals to students on campus.
- Favorite color: Blue
Can’t wait for: All the Babcock flavors to return—strawberry is my favorite and is currently on hiatus!