The UW-Madison Libraries and DesignLab will host the fourth annual Digital Salon, a one-week exhibition of digital media projects by UW undergraduate and graduate students from Sunday, April 14 through Saturday, April 20, 2013. This exhibition of new media projects showcases artistic and research-based projects that take digital form or rely heavily on information technology in the production process. Work might include podcasts, experimental videos, animations, graphic novels or essays, websites, blogs, multimedia installations, posters, etc.
- Digital Salon projects will be curated by a committee of UW-Madison faculty and staff.
- Projects will be exhibited in College Library’s Open Book Café and online.
- The Curation Committee will recognize best projects in several categories.
Work from previous exhibitions can be viewed at the Digital Salon blog, including this charming video titled “A Day In The Life of Interior Design Students,” created by Interior Design students from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in the Interior Design IV course:
This year, there are two rounds of submissions, one was in the Fall and this one in the Spring. The Spring deadline of March 1, 2013 is intended to increase participation from students in spring courses. Both the Fall and Spring submissions will be included in the April, 2013 exhibition.
CALL for SUBMISSIONS — DIGITAL SALON 2013
- Spring deadline: Friday, March 1, 2013
- Submission form: http://go.wisc.edu/digitalsalonsubmit
For more information visit the Digital Salon website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.