Attention graduating students! Are you suddenly realizing how much the library has meant to you? Feeling panicked about losing access to all of our resources once you get your diploma? Graduation is not the end! Not entirely, at least.
Your library privileges will continue until September 15, 2016. After that, you have options to consider:
- Courtesy Card: you are eligible for this card if you become a city/county/state employee, a Wisconsin public school K-12 educator, or a spouse/domestic partner of a UW-Madison faculty, staff or student. There are other categories that could qualify you for a Courtesy Card, but these are the most likely ones for recent graduates.
- Annual Fee Card: For a fee (Age 62 or under – $40.00; Over age 62 – $20.00), you may continue to borrow UW-Madison Libraries materials and place Requests to have physical copies delivered to the campus library of your choice.
- Friends of the Library: The annual fee amount varies, but you will have the satisfaction of supporting the work of UW-Madison Libraries and being known as a Friend! You may continue to borrow UW-Madison Libraries materials and place Requests to have physical copies delivered to the campus library of your choice.
The following services are NOT available to alumni:
- Borrow UW System materials
- UBorrow and Interlibrary Loan
- Access to UW-Madison licensed online resources from off campus
- Distance services