The CMC provides UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff access to a 3D printer which uses FDM/FFF technology. Orders can be placed at the College Library Infolab (CMC) Help Desk any time the library is open.
- Price: $2.50/meter of printing material (with a minimum price of $4 per object printed).
- File Format: STL only. You may use a lab computer to convert your file if needed. (At this point we are open to additional file types, but we cannot guarantee the file type will work with our software. Ask for a student lead if you have any questions about the file format.)
- You can bring the file(s) on a flash drive, or log on to one of our computers and place it in our public storage drive.
- Accepted Payments:
- Credit Card (Visa and Mastercard). Card must be presented at time of payment. We do not accept funding strings.
- Wiscard (Campus Cash or Print account)
- Payment is due when the 3D object is picked up.
- You must be physically present and approve the 3D print job before we will print it. Orders by phone or email will not be accepted.
- Various colors for the printed material are available. We use only PLA material.
- Printing times will vary considerably. Please plan accordingly and print sooner than necessary rather than later. Some jobs can take multiple days to print.
- Please name your file(s) using the following convention:
- There are computers near the help desk reserved for reviewing your STL files – please use these to your advantage in order to avoid mistakes.
For more information, see our 3D printing handout or call us at 263-9889.