Summer 2021 Hours
As part of an effort to ensure library access across campus, several campus libraries are coordinating their summer schedules. College Library has been designated the “evening library” and, as a result, there is a marked change in our traditional summer opening time. Beginning May 17, the library will open at 12 noon Sunday through Friday, close at 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, and at 5 p.m. on Fridays. Since Memorial Library is open on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., College will be closed that day of the week.
Study spaces and collections within College Library are open to all UW-Madison affiliates.
Given the many adjustments to schedules at campus libraries, please check the libraries’ hours page before setting out.
College Library Access and Hours
- Operating hours: Sunday through Thursday – 12 p.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday – 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday – Closed
- Anyone with a borrowing card may use Pickup by Appointment. All other services require a Wiscard.
- Fully vaccinated people are not required to wear face coverings in library buildings, but can choose to wear masks regardless of vaccination status. Unvaccinated people should continue to wear face coverings indoors. For more information see our Face Coverings in the Libraries page.
- Continue to maintain physical distancing of six feet apart.
- Eating and drinking are now allowed.
- Equipment Checkout (Room 2250)
- Borrow laptops
- Wiscard required check out equipment
- Course Reserves (1st Floor Center)
- Borrow or scan textbooks and course materials
- Wiscard required to check out items
- Print / Scan (1st Floor Center)
- Normal charges do apply