To help make final exam times a bit less stressful, the library has put together a series of daily events and give-aways on the theme: Make Your Fortune: Study Strong.
Tuesday, Dec. 14 – Make Your Fortune & Wish Upon a Star
– shout-outs and well-wishes written on paper stars and displayed in the library
– selected “wishes” featured all week in College Library’s Twitter feed, #studystrong
Wednesday, Dec. 15 – Free Coffee, Tea & Hot Chocolate from Open Book Café
– sponsored by the Wisconsin Union from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Thursday, Dec. 16 – GUTS Study Day
– coffee and snacks for those seeking tutoring help, beginning at 12 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 17 – Eat Your Fortune (Cookie)
– free fortune cookies with messages to amuse and inspire, while supplies last
Saturday, Dec. 18 – Divine Your Fortune
– with prognostication tools (tarot cards, I-Ching coins, magic 8-balls, etc.) to help students forecast their success on exams
Sunday, Dec. 19 – Make Your (Own) Fortune (Teller)
– relive grade school fun with finger-fortune devices; paper and instructions available to make your own
Monday, Dec. 20 – Fortunately, There’s Candy
– free candy at all of the library’s service desks, while supplies last
Tuesday, Dec. 21 – Future / Fortune
– palm-reading sessions from 3-4:30 p.m. and 6-7 p.m.
In addition to these scheduled events, Bucky Badger will make the occasional appearance to cheer library users to academic victory.
College Library wishes everyone a successful end to the fall semester!