Twenty-four students have graduated from ISIP since its inception in 2006. So far, seven of those graduates are planning to pursue a career in an information specialist field.
Testimonials from ISIP Graduates
- “Being a part of rotational program helped me understand that there are many roles and tasks within a library, and each requires specific knowledge and skills.” – Cara Chongolnee, 2013
- “The program helped me gain structure and introduced me to a level of professionalism I believe many undergraduate students are not exposed to.” – Jacob Metoxen, 2009
- “I believe that the foundation for my future professional path was developed through the ISIP program. Being my first job in an office environment, I gained research and presentation skills that I still use at my job now.” – Matthew Jackson, 2014
- “ISIP opens a safe space for conversation and the mentors in the program really are role models in these fields. Because of that I was encouraged to use the free applications classes on campus teaching HTML, CSS, and others. I am also leaning towards a Computer Science and Library/Information Science dual degree for my Master’s Degree or degree in a more tech-based field.” – Corey Black, 2013
- “My participation in the ISIP program was quite possibly the most transformative experience in my life. I am so grateful for the maturity, professional and workplace etiquette, subject/industry knowledge, and career direction that the program provided. The relationships I gained are lasting and have been integral to my success.” – Roy Brooks, 2008