A Vision for Knowledge through 2020
University of Wisconsin-Madison Libraries provide:
- Leadership for the selection, organization, access, and preservation of sources of knowledge in all formats;
- Exemplary information services designed to fulfill the needs of a great public research university;
- Inspirational environments for collaborative and individual discovery, study, and learning.
The Libraries are essential partners in the creative exploration, intellectual growth, and scholarly pursuits of the University.
To that end, the Libraries will:
- Invest in user experiences that inspire the creation, discovery, and sharing of knowledge:
- Physical Spaces
- Virtual Spaces
- Provide expertise, services, and tools that prominently position the Libraries throughout the life cycle of research, teaching, and learning.
- Integrate innovative approaches to how the Libraries develop, disseminate, and preserve collection and information resources.
Approved by the Library Coordinating Council
January 31, 2014