The UW–Madison Libraries are involved in several projects to re-envision our service methods, delivery models, and spaces to better support the research, teaching, and learning needs of our evolving campus. As part of this larger process, through the Facilities Master Plan efforts and our consolidation work, we will better align our library spaces with the needs of our users. Part of this process will involve the relocation of collections at some of our campus libraries, making these items temporarily inaccessible.
Why is the library I used to select as a pickup location for requested materials no longer listed?
Several of our libraries are undergoing renovations in areas that may require a collection be made temporarily inaccessible. Please visit the specific library page to see more details on these projects.
How do I select a different library as a pickup location?
Each time you request an item in the catalog, you select a pickup library from the list of available locations. To do so, please follow these directions.
For Interlibrary Loan (ILL) requests, you are only able to have one location set for all requests. In order to change your current pick-up location you need to log-in to your ILL account, scroll down to review ‘my account information’ and click on ‘Change Pickup Library and Verify Email Address.’
What are other options for delivery of materials?
Faculty and staff with campus mailboxes and addresses are eligible for Campus Delivery.
USING THE UW-SYSTEM LIBRARY CATALOG
- Find a desired item in the catalog and click the ‘Place a Request’ link under the ‘Physical Availability’ heading
- Log in with your NetID
- Choose ‘Campus Office Delivery’ from the ‘Pickup Location’ drop down menu
- Make sure your campus address appears correctly in the box that appears – change it if necessary
- If your campus address is not correct, you will need to contact your department’s HR office to change it permanently
- The requested item will be sent to your campus address via campus mail and typically arrives within 2-3 business days of request
INTERLIBRARY LOAN (ILL) REQUESTS
- Log in to your ILL account
- Choose the option to ‘Change Pickup Library and Verify Email Address’ under the ‘Review My Account Information’ heading
- Select ‘Campus Office Delivery’ from the drop-down menu
- Click the ‘Submit Information’ button to make the change permanent for your account
What if I don’t see my question listed?
If you do not see an answer to your question, please Ask a Librarian.