- Continued work with specific libraries.
- December: Geography Library closes.
- October: Ruth Ketterer Harris Library closes.
- July: Business Library temporarily relocates services for construction.
- January: Collections work at Chemistry commences.
2016 – Project enters implementation phase.
- January: Letter of completion, addressed to the Consolidation Working Group
- November: UW-Madison Libraries Consolidation Efforts – Update from the Provost
- Data Analysis Phase – The CWG (Consolidation Working Group) analyzes libraries based on a set of created criteria related to five areas of consolidation feasibility: Readiness · Feasibility · Support
- Information is gathered on the following areas: Services · Collections · Staffing · Spaces
- Data Collection Phase – Interviews with campus library representatives and data gathering are conducted.
- Development of interview process and questions.
- Identification and review of all campus libraries.
- Notification on revised draft recommendations to Provost.
- Continued communication to stakeholders as necessary
- Final recommendations – Readiness · Feasibility · Support
- Conclude the work of the Libraries Consolidation Working Group.
- Publish final report with recommendations.
- Campus Forum to gather feedback on draft recommendations
- Draft Report – Draft recommendations for consolidation approaches presented in a report provided to the Provost and Vice Provost.
- Notification of completion of initial draft recommendations.
- Update on status of CWG’s activities to campus stakeholders.
- Consultation with campus stakeholders, Forums · Shared governance groups consultation, for feedback in preparation for initial draft recommendations.
- Campus stakeholder forums to update the progress and activities of the CWG (ULC, Shared Gov. Groups, Library Staff).
- Update on CWG’s progress and efforts (preparation and execution of library manager interviews).
- Notification of interviews with library managers.
- Creation of the CWG – committee charge
- Joint letter by the Provost and Vice Provost regarding consolidation planning is sent to Deans, Associate Deans, and Directors.
- Update on the formal creation of the CWG to Library staff, ULC, and campus stakeholders.
- Notification to Deans, Associate Deans, Directors from Provost / Vice Provost for Libraries seeking support for consolidation measures.