Databases & collections related to the Cairns Collection
- American Periodicals Series Online (1741–1900)
- Brown University Women Writers Project Online (1400–1850)
- Defining Gender
- Discovering American Women’s History (1600s–present)
- Early American Imprints, Series I. Evans (1639–1800)
- Everyday Life and Women in America (1800–1920)
- Gerritsen Collection; Women’s History Online (1543–1945)
- North American Women’s Letters and Diaries (Colonial–1950)
- Women and Social Movements in the United States (1600–2000)
Related UW-Madison Library Collections
The Cairns Collection is complemented by other library holdings on the Madison campus.
- Wisconsin State Historical Society Library is an extremely rich archive for the cultural and political history of American women, with extensive holdings in personal and public papers of both little-known and prominent women, including reformers and suffragists.
- Steenbock Library collects a number of mass circulation magazines for women.
- Memorial Library houses the microform set, History of Women, an indispensable resource for historians, drawn from a number of specialized repositories across the country.
- Ebling Health Sciences Library for materials on women’s health.
Related Collections at Other institutions
- Duke University’s Sally Bingham Center for Women’s History and Culture
- University of New England’s Maine Women Writers Collections
- Washington State University’s Society for the Study of American Women Writers