Staff Profile – Getting to know Ayca Hatipoglu
The Libraries are extremely excited to welcome Ayca Hatipoglu as the Help Desk Coordinator. If she seems like a familiar face it’s because she was a student employee at the Library Tech Group for almost 3 years. Here are a few Q & A’s to help get to know her better:
How long have you been working in libraries and how did this journey begin?
I have been working at the libraries on and off for about 3 years now.
What do you enjoy most about your position?
What I enjoy most about my position is that there is always work to do.
10 Quick Facts
- Most recently worked: University of Wisconsin – Madison Library Tech Group (LTG)
- Previous organizations include: LTG, RockAuto LLC., FightPrime
- Fun fact about yourself: I taught my cat how to play fetch with pennies.
- Favorite book: The Genealogy of Morals
- Tell me what a perfect day in Madison outside of the library looks like for you: Rainy day/gloomy skies/me at home/large mug of black tea/on my computer.
- Looking forward to exploring: Places outside of Madison. I think I have explored Madison as much as I can at this point.
- Standout Wisconsin/UW-Madison fact I’ve learned since moving to Madison: Apparently almost every year about 10 Wisconsin cities make it to the top 20 drunkest cities in America list. Wild!
- Was interested to learn: I have been here for almost 3 years now, I still learn new things all day long.
- Favorite color: Black
- Can’t wait for: Warmth to return.