First Day First Aid – September 5 & 6
Once again, the UW-Madison Libraries are hitting the streets for First Day First Aid! Weather permitting, on September 5 & 6 from 7:30am to 3:30pm, we’ll have information booths across campus in the following locations:
- Park and University (Chadbourne Hall)
- Park and Johnson (Sellery Hall)
- Babcock and Observatory (Steenbock Library)
Our goal? To help students (and even faculty and staff!) negotiate the unknowns of these first days of the semester.
We also will have snacks. Because you need snacks.
Last fall, we gave away fresh fruit (So. Much. Fruit.) and answered nearly 1,000 questions with the help of 26 volunteers from across Libraries.
Examples of questions from last year
- Where is Vilas hall?
- When does the 80 bus come?
- Where do I get text books?
- Is there anywhere to park?
- Where can I get groceries?
- I need to drop a class … like right now … how does that work?
- Can I have one of those bananas?
- My cute first-day shoes made my feet bleed. Do you have actual first aid? I need a bandage.
So, if you see us out and about, stop by, ask us a question, or just say hi! We’re here to help our campus community have another successful semester.
We would also like to give a special thanks to our partners in the Center for the First Year Experience (CFYE) for a Welcome Week grant to support this year’s fruit purchase!
Now, let’s get to work!