Scrambling for gift ideas this holiday season? The Libraries have some ideas that might appeal to people on your list, from literature lovers to history buffs to design fans.
Silver Buckle Press
Silver Buckle Press has a handsome letterpress print of the classic Sifting and Winnowing statement. It’s hand printed in Wisconsin red on 12.5 x 19 inch archival paper and features wood types from the Silver Buckle Press collection of printing history materials. $25.00 includes shipping within the U.S. via postal service.
To order please send a check or money order made out to Silver Buckle Press using the address below. For more more information phone or write: 608.263.4929 or email@example.com.
Silver Buckle Press
236 Memorial Library
728 State Street
Madison, WI 53706
The publishing imprint of the UW-Madison Libraries has a large collection of poetry chapbooks available, written by poets from Wisconsin and around the country. These soft-cover chapbooks are professionally designed and handsomely printed on archival quality paper.
See the full set of poetry chapbooks on the Parallel Press website. You can also view additional (standalone) titles, such as:
- Echo, a beautiful collection of artwork and poetry by Bruce Murray and Blair Mathews
- Love and Lust, a saucy collection by Madison poets, edited by Andrea Potos
- Chevalier John Taylor, England’s Early Oculist: Pretender or Pioneer? by Dr. Daniel Albert and Sarah Atzen.
There are a number of titles available at the University Bookstore that are related to the history of the UW-Madison campus. The research for many of these titles included forays into the University Archives.
- The University Of Wisconsin: A Pictorial History [Hardcover] by Arthur O. Hove.
- Madison: A History of the Formative Years [Hardcover] by David V. Mollenhoff.
- Madison: The Illustrated Sesquicentennial History, Volume 1, 1856-1931 [Paperback] by Stuart D. Levitan.
- They Marched Into Sunlight: War and Peace Vietnam and America October 1967 by David Maraniss.
Prefer a multimedia approach? Check out these DVDs related to campus history:
- Green Fire (produced by the Aldo Leopold Foundation)
- Wisconsin’s Nazi Resistance: The Mildred Fish-Harnack Story (produced by Wisconsin Public Television)
Happy Holidays from the Libraries!