A Tumblr by photographer Dinah Fried depicts famous literary food scenes – from On the Road to Alice in Wonderland.
Do Fried’s photos have you hankering for some literary feasts? The UW-Madison Libraries have a lot of cookbooks with recipes inspired by literature!
Here’s a sample from the shelves:
- Pease Porridge Hot: a Mother Goose Cookbook by Lorinda Bryan Cauley
- The Pooh Get-Well Book: Recipes and Activities to Help You Recover from Wheezles and Sneezles by Virginia H. Ellison
- The Literary Gourmet: Menus from Masterpieces by Linda Wolfe
- Mary Poppins in the Kitchen: a Cookery Book with a Story by P.L. Travers (Pamela Lyndon)
- African American Foodways: Explorations of History and Culture by Anne L. Bower
Read the full story about Dinah Fried’s fabulous food photo project on National Public Radio.