New database: Daniels’ Orchestral Music Online
We are pleased to announce we are now subscribing to Daniels’ Orchestral Music Online. This is a unique orchestral music finder tool and an invaluable resource for orchestral librarians, libraries, planners, musicologists, conductors, and artistic directors.
You can browse the classical repertoire from Karl Friedrich Abel to Ellen Taaffe Zwilich, and find basic information on composers and instrumentation plus inspiration for advanced programming.
Orchestral Music Online provides:
- Access to information on more than 12,000 works by more than 1,800 composers
- Quick search by composer, title, or keyword
- Advanced search by duration, instrumentation, chorus type, and soloists
- Ability to cut and paste data into rehearsal schedules and other documents to save time and to eliminate transcription errors.
- Links from individual works to music publishers and other sources
- Links to online perusal scores, program notes, recordings, etc.
Orchestral Music Online is based on David Daniels’ book Daniels’ Orchestral Music, which we have in our Reference section. We chose to subscribe after receiving suggestions from patrons, so we wish to remind folks that we welcome suggestions for purchasing materials and subscribing to online resources. Please see the Purchase Requests page on our site for more information.