Big gift adds jazz!
Mills Music Library received many donations in 2016, and one of the biggest gifts was the personal collection of a jazz enthusiast. This collection covers the waterfront, ranging from the sweet swing of Benny Goodman and Woody Herman to the outré explorations of the Sun Ra Arkestra and Anthony Braxton, and it has expanded our holdings of jazz on CD immensely. We are still in the midst of processing and cataloging the donation, but many of the titles have been cataloged and are ready to be checked out. A random sampling:
- Jackie McLean: One Step Beyond (we also have the 1964 Blue Note LP)
- Horace Silver Quintet: Finger Poppin’ (we also have the 1959 Blue Note LP)
- Herbie Hancock: Empyrean Isles (we also have the 1964 Blue Note LP)
- Sarah Vaughan: Sarah Vaughn in Hi-Fi (we also have the 1955 Columbia LP)
- Archie Shepp: Fire Music (we also have the 1965 Impulse LP)
If you’re curious about jazz, there will soon be plenty more for you to explore. Come get some!