Reserves – Information for Students
Electronic Reserves are available online through My UW. Follow these directions to locate your e-reserves:
- Go to My UW and log in.
- Click on the Academics tab
- Under the desired course, locate the Library/Reserves link
Print Reserves may be available for check out from the JRR.
- Reserve Items may be checked out for 2 hours and renewed once, as long as no one is waiting for the item.
- If the item is checked out less than 2 hours before closing, the item will be due the next day
Reserves – Information for Instructors
The JRR offers electronic and print reserve services for Journalism classes. Please see the following instructions for submitting items to be put on reserve. If you have any questions, please contact the JRR or call us at (608) 263-3387.
Electronic Reserves (Journal Articles, Book Chapters, and Instructor Created Material) via a Library Course Page
- In order to place an item on reserve, we will need one of the following
- A clean photocopy of the item
- A hard copy of the original that we can photocopy
- An electronic copy of the item emailed to the JRR
- Paper copies of the items can be left in the JRR mailbox on the 5th floor of Vilas Hall or dropped off in the JRR
- When you submit items, please indicate:
- What class they will be used for
- In what order the items should be placed on the Library Course Page (alphabetically, by class session, by week, etc) or include a syllabus
Paper Reserves (Course Packets, Books, DVDs, etc)
- Any book that is currently in the JRR’s collection may be placed on reserve in the JRR.
- Any item not owned by the JRR will have to be provided by the instructor, or the JRR librarian can request the item from a different campus library.
- Items to be put on reserve can be dropped off in the JRR or left in the JRR mailbox on the 5th floor of Vilas Hall