- Wednesday, December 7, 2016
- Wednesday, December 7, 2016Research Data Management12:00 pm-1:00 pmThis workshop will provide an overview on how to facilitate the access and reuse of your data within your research group, how to comply with institutional and funding agency policies on data management and how to properly secure your data. Topics include organizing and naming data files, backing up data and versioning, data management plans, and managing sensitive data subject to intellectual property law or human subjects protection.
- Thursday, December 8, 2016
- Thursday, December 8, 2016Introduction to Proposal Writing10:00 am-11:30 pmIn this workshop, you will get an introductory overview to the proposal writing process, including effective ways to follow up on your proposal. While this workshop is focused on writing a proposal to a foundation, there are many components that can be transferred to other funder types. Printed materials will be available; online versions are below.
- Wednesday, December 14, 2016
- Wednesday, December 14, 2016Current Awareness Tools: Staying on Top of Your Field12:00 pm-1:00 pmNeed ideas to stay on top of your professional discipline, research interests, etc.? Does what little time you have seem to be spent learning new tools only to never use them? Then attend our Current Awareness Tools makeover! We can offer suggestions and consult with you on how to maximize your efficiency with the limited time you have. Good old fashioned RSS feeds and readers such as Feedly as well as BrowZine, the new journal browsing program for mobiles or desktops, will be covered.
See more events