- Tuesday, July 26, 2016
- Tuesday, July 26, 2016Introduction to Finding Grants: Part 110:00 am-11:00 amLearn the 10 most important things you need to know about finding grants for your non-profit organization, complete with a brief demonstration of the Foundation Directory Online. Stay for part 2 to gain hands-on experience with our databases. This workshop is suitable for staff of nonprofit organizations outside of the university. Printed materials will be available; online versions are below.
- Tuesday, July 26, 2016Introduction to Finding Grants: Part 2 Hands-on session11:15 am-12:00 pmGain hands-on experience using the Foundation Center’s flagship database, the Foundation Directory Online. There will also be hands-on training on 1-3 other databases, including: Foundations in Wisconsin, COS Pivot, and Foundation Maps. Those new to grants research should consider taking the session with Part I.
- Tuesday, August 2, 2016
- Tuesday, August 2, 2016Introduction to Foundation Maps10:00 am-11:00 amFoundation Maps is the Foundation Center's data visualization tool design to help funders and grantseekers see who is funding what and where around the world. Learn how to use this tool to access the knowledge and data needed to make strategic decisions in your funding research.
- Tuesday, August 9, 2016
- Tuesday, August 9, 2016Grants for Your Education10:00 am-11:30 amFor current and future students of any institute of higher education interested in researching potential scholarships, fellowships, and grants for one’s education. Focus is on how to identify funding sources beyond those that are available through most offices of financial aid. Printed materials will be available; online versions are below.
- Wednesday, August 10, 2016
- Wednesday, August 10, 2016Introduction to Proposal Writing10:00 am-11:30 amIn this workshop, you will learn the basics of writing a proposal for you or your nonprofit organization. Topics in this introductory overview to the proposal writing process includes: key components of a proposal, proposal packaging, and contacting the funder. While this workshop is focused on writing a proposal to a foundation, there are many components that can be transferred to other funder types. Printed materials will be available; online versions are below.
See more events