- Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- Tuesday, April 25, 2017Predatory Publishing: Journal Evaluation in the Post-Beall Era12:00 pmIn January 2017 academic librarian Jeffrey Beall closed his controversial and impactful List of “predatory” publishers-- who take money from authors without providing the usual publishing services in return – such as peer review and editorial quality control. Professor Arnott Smith and SLIS doctoral student Askar Afshar will present preliminary data from an ongoing study of "predatory" publishers in the information ecosystem, and invite questions and commentary from the university community.
- Wednesday, May 17, 2017
- Wednesday, May 17, 2017Introduction to Finding Grants: Part 11:00 pm-2:00 pmLearn the 10 most important things you need to know about finding grants for your non-profit organization, complete with a brief demonstration of the Foundation Directory Online. Workshop materials will be available in person and online below.
- Wednesday, May 17, 2017Introduction to Finding Grants: Part 22:15 pm-3:00 pmGain hands-on experience using the Foundation Center’s flagship database, the Foundation Directory Online. Those new to grants research should consider taking this session with Part I. Workshop materials will be available in person and online below.
- Tuesday, May 23, 2017
- Tuesday, May 23, 2017Introduction to Foundation Maps10:00 am-11:00 amFoundation Maps is the Foundation Center's data visualization tool design to help funders and grantseekers see who is funding what and where around the world. Learn how to use this tool to access the knowledge and data needed to make strategic decisions in your funding research. Workshop materials will be available in person and online below.
- Thursday, May 25, 2017
- Thursday, May 25, 2017Introduction to Proposal Writing1:00 pm-2:30 pmIn this workshop, you will get an introductory overview to the proposal writing process, including effective ways to follow up on your proposal. Workshop materials will be available in person and online below.