In-person advising, one of the core components of student orientation, returned to College Library on Monday, June 5. Library staff are delighted that thousands of first-year students have the opportunity to spend meaningful time in the undergraduate library before returning to campus in September.
As a result of accommodating SOAR advising in our space, certain rooms will not be available when SOAR is in session. For example, if you need an item from the Ethnic Studies Collection (Room 1193) or the Gaus Poetry Collection (Room 2191), please ask a library staff person to retrieve it for you. Advising will take place in the following spaces:
- College of Agricultural & Life Sciences – Room 1250
- School of Business – Rooms 1193 & 1193D
- CFYE Staff – Room 1209A
- SOAR Consultants – Rooms 1209B & 1209C
- Cross College Advising Service – Room 2191
- School of Nursing – Room 2252
- School of Human Ecology – Room 2257
- School of Education – Room 3191N
- College of Engineering – Room 3191S
- College of Letters & Science – Room 3250
- College of Letters & Science Honors Program – Room 3255
- School of Music – Room 3261
- School of Pharmacy – Room 3262
During the day, when SOAR is in session, library patrons may choose to study in Room 1191, 2nd floor center, the computer lab (Room 2250), and 3rd floor center. When SOAR advising is finished for the day, usually by 3 p.m., all of their reserved spaces are again open for general study. SOAR advising is not scheduled every day of the summer session, so patrons should be attentive to signs alerting visitors to room use.
College Library staff are delighted to continue our partnership with the Division of Student Life, Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR) to introduce first-year and transfer students to the undergraduate library focused on meeting their information and study needs!