January SOAR Returns
After a pandemic-related hiatus in 2021, the advising portion of SOAR (Student Orientaion, Advising, and Registration) returns to College Library from January 18-21, 2022. The goal of SOAR is to help those new to UW-Madison:
- Gain exposure to the array of academic and social opportunities on campus.
- Begin to integrate into university life and UW–Madison culture.
- Think about what they would like their Wisconsin Experience to be.
- Gain an understanding of university policies, procedures, and processes.
With designated rooms on all three floors of the library, new students and those transfering from other institutions are welcomed by nine different advising units.
- College of Agricultural & Life Sciences – Room 1193D
- School of Business – Room 1250
- Cross College Advising Service – Room 2257
- School of Education – Room 2252
- School of Human Ecology – Room 2191E
- School of Nursing – Room 2191E
- College of Letters & Science – Room 3191
- College of Engineering – Room 3255
- School of Pharmacy – Room 3262
College Library is delighted to work with all of these campus units, as well as the Center for the First Year Experience, while also introducing new students to the campus library system. Go Badgers!
Photo caption: SOAR intern Ary is ready to help. #UWSOAR Advising is back in the library!