Finals-Lite at College Library
College Library’s tradition of offering a series of finals events to encourage students during exams was disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic, but this year it returns in a slightly scaled-back form. Although the perennial favorite, Dogs on Call, will not be joining us during the fall semester, we hope the volunteers and their therapy canines will be comfortable joining us in the courtyard during the spring semester. Library patrons did get to enjoy a visit from another furry mammal this year, however. Bucky Badger cheered on those studying in the library on Monday evening. We were also pleased to once again offer Midnight Madness in partnership with the UW Writing Center. In addition to these events, we have organized several other activities to help reduce stress and offer encouragement to students over the next few weeks.
Wednesday, December 15 (Last Day of Classes)
- Get prepared for finals with UHS giveaways – hand sanitizer, tissues & chap stick (while supplies last)
- Free coffee, tea, & hot chocolate from the Open Book Café, courtesy of the Wisconsin Union, 5 to 9 p.m.
Thursday, December 16
GUTS Study Day with tutoring from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. in 1st Floor Center
- Free coffee, tea, and healthy grab-and-go snacks
- Library coloring sheets – 1st Floor Center (continue through Dec. 23)
Saturday, December 18
- White Board on which to offer “Words of Encouragement,” 1st Floor Center
Monday, December 20
- Button Making, 1st Floor Center (while supplies last)
College Library would like to wish everyone a safe, healthy, and productive end-of-the-semester. To learn more about the library’s activities, follow us on social media.