Welcome to College Library!
Things will be very different at College Library this semester, but we are here and ready to help! Learn more about how to access the Libraries this fall.
Things that are new at College Library for Fall 2020:
- No food or drink in the library
- The vending machines have been emptied of all snacks and beverages
- Please use water fountains to refill water bottles only
- No food deliveries to the library (feel free to indulge outdoors in the courtyard)
- Everyone using the building is required to wear a face mask
- The library has new hours and is primarily available by appointment
- Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday, 1 to 5 p.m.
- From 12-1 p.m. and 5-6 p.m. the library will be “closed” for cleaning
- The library is offering individual study only; one person per table or study room
- A Wiscard is required at all times
- Equipment still circulates from the InfoLab in Room 2250 and no appointment is needed.
- To reduce potential surface contact the library has removed all displays, newspaper distribution, etc.
- Collections in Room 1191 and Open Book, Room 1250, are accessible by appointment
Despite all of these changes, staff at College Library remain committed to supporting UW-Madison students with their research needs and to providing the space to succeed in both online and in-person classes. Know that you can always access the robust support and expertise of librarians via chat, email, phone, or virtual consultation.